Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Abrikidabri's second partial day at child care

It has been 38 weeks since the birth of my first (and so far one and only) baby boy! Which means that he has spent more time outside my womb than he has inside of it (given he arrived at 37 weeks). The last 75 weeks have passed by really quickly with my body, my mind and my hormones going through some major transition.

Anyhow this post is not about me but my first born.

It was his second (partial) day at child care today. I had intended to leave him there all day. I hate to admit that I was hoping the centre would call me and ask me to bring him back home because I missed him. And call they did. Not because he cried all along....(he didn't).... but because he refused any drink, food or sleep..... even though they tried to feed him his favourite fruit banana. I brought him home just before 3 pm (9 am to 3 pm - it was a long long day for him!!). He got home and ate a bowl full of chicken with rice, plus a half apple stewed, plus milk, plus water.... and then fell asleep :)

Note to self: next week while packing baby's bag for the day, I must pack his favourite bedtime toys and do a write up on his habits so his carers have more information and can be more comfortable looking after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment